Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tuesday at the Rally



Tuesday was packed from early morning until past midnight.

Nancy and I got up early so we could enjoy a leisurely breakfast before going to the temple in time to be part of the 9:00 chapel session. It was a great privilege to be going with these people who were strangers only a few days before, but who were all supporting me with their love and prayers.


The session following and the few moments we spent in the celestial room afterward were made extra sweet because we were in their company.



From the sublime we went to the... Harley-Davidson store for a barbecue lunch. Nancy and I got back to the hotel in time to change before going there. Nancy rode behind Carol Lindsey on her pretty green Gold Wing trike, and I got to ride in Kim's fancy-schmancy red sidecar.

I have to say it tickled me no end to see the folks who didn't have time to change pull up wearing their Sunday clothes--the men in white shirts and ties, the women in skirts and heels. What a hoot. I missed getting the photo I really wanted, one of a clutch of gray-haired ladies admiring the black Harley trike that was in front of the store.

That evening, we went to the Starlight Mountain Theater for supper and a performance of Thoroughly Modern Milly--and got rained out. Not only that, the bus Nancy and I were couldn't get traction on the wet grass, so we had to wait for a big tow truck to get the bus on the road.

Did we mind? Not too much. We were in the best company in the world.

3 comments:

Cheri J. Crane said...

That is a fancy side-car. ;) It looks like a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. I am soooo jealous of your opportunity here. WOW!

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I was so worried that I had disappointed.

I really really enjoyed the book.

Did I say "really"?

Thanks for such a great adventure.

Unknown said...

I can't believe! is this you ???? http://images-store.hostei.com/photo.php?photo_id=545454551599